my emails from the inbox all disappeared suddenly this morning. How can i get them back?

Anonymous
2024-02-17T10:10:38+00:00

Hi A week ago all my emails disappeared - new emails come in - but all my emails from years back - I need them for tax purposes etc - so this is really distressing.

I have a PC running on Windows 11 - One drive is connected - The emails are not in the deleted folder - nor in the archive folder - I can't find them - yet when I search one - they show up - I can search for instance an email name and then many emails will show up - but they are not in my feed. It is my outlook account.

HELP? I am not a computer wizz so maybe there is a simple trick.

Thank you Barbara Droubay

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-25T09:54:57+00:00

    Hi

    This happened to me yesterday - Emails are missing from a specific date (13/02/2025 to 09/04/2025) - both inbox and sent items - all the changes I made to the mailbox since the last email13/02/2025 to 09/04/2025 has been lost. Outlook downloaded all the mail from the 09/04/2025 again as if its new mail - but these are not duplicated - so its like I never had all those emails

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-05T19:16:49+00:00

    It was missing from my new Outlook app on Windows 10.

    I found more email in the Outlook 365.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-19T12:54:38+00:00

    If you use apple mail, my easy fix on your iPhone or iPad was to go to

    Settings

    Apps

    Mail

    Mail accounts

    Choose your outlook email account

    Choose Mail Days to Sync

    Ensure Mail Days to Sync is set to “No Limit” & all my emails returned immediately

    Make sure this is set on both your iPad & iPhone settings

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-03T12:00:50+00:00

    This happened to me this morning but I was able to resolve it with the following instructions:

    Reset your Outlook mailbox folder: Right-click on the folder > Properties > Clear Offline Items > OK.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-17T15:57:27+00:00

    This has just happened to me yesterday! Suddenly a lot of old inbox messages have gone and I have about 9 left - that is totally unusual. I have done same and searched for some which were in 'trash' for some reason - but they are todays ones which I know I haven't deleated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments