my emails from the inbox all disappeared suddenly this morning. How can i get them back?

Anonymous
2024-02-17T10:10:38+00:00

Hi A week ago all my emails disappeared - new emails come in - but all my emails from years back - I need them for tax purposes etc - so this is really distressing.

I have a PC running on Windows 11 - One drive is connected - The emails are not in the deleted folder - nor in the archive folder - I can't find them - yet when I search one - they show up - I can search for instance an email name and then many emails will show up - but they are not in my feed. It is my outlook account.

HELP? I am not a computer wizz so maybe there is a simple trick.

Thank you Barbara Droubay

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-13T19:05:03+00:00

    Barbara, this is happening to me also. I noticed this week that my "unread email" total was cut down a fraction (from 48,000 to 8,000 in Hotmail; from 36,000 to 6,000 in gmail) in the Outlook app. I did not accidentially delete them because when I shut down Outlook last night, I had all the emails. This morning when I opened outlook, tens of thousands were missing.

    The suggestions offered by one of the users do not help because I've gone through all those steps.

    This is very weird. The gmail emails have returned to my inbox as "unread", but the hotmail unread emails are gone...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-07T08:31:34+00:00

    I also lost all the emails in the Inbox. For some subfolders, i still have records from earlier years.

    I lost all the emails in the INBOX from nov. 2023 and backward.

    It's really frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-01T09:45:23+00:00

    All the folders are empty. Bin, archives, junk, etc. I need my emails back because it is a school account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-06T23:47:43+00:00

    This just happened to me as well. I can search and find the ones I remember. I still have the emails in my folders, it seems to be just the inbox that was affected.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-11T16:25:58+00:00

    Searching hasn’t worked for me.

    If I sign in on webpage I can see more of my emails but not all. Even though it says I've 1000s. I have saved them in different categories.

    The app doesn't show them at all.

    Ive lost extremely important documents. The app doesn't work as it should and microsoft doesn’t seem to want to fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments