Can not preview or download attachments in Outlook.

Anonymous
2024-04-03T20:27:37+00:00

Can not preview or download attachments in outlook. I have to restart the computer to be able to and then it will stop and I will have to restart again. Preview stays blank and when you try to download the attachment it says "Error" Error downloading content. It is happening on multiple computers.

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T20:37:23+00:00

    I am still experiencing the issue.

    The only good thing since about Thursday or Friday last week is that it takes a lot longer to start happening and so I don't have to close the browser and open it again as often.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T16:16:21+00:00

    Any new updates? Or are we adding webmail to the ever expanding list of Microsoft products that "just doesn't work" anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-08T18:03:56+00:00

    Same issue here, it's not intermittent, it's always. I can open pdf and other attachments for the first 5-6 times after shutting down and starting back up, but then it gives me the error can't download and won't let me preview. It happens in every browser, it happens despite making sure all updates are current and cache has been cleared. I've tried multiple options and it still doesn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-08T14:57:01+00:00

    All Apps besides the Outlook (new) app return that error for us.

    This is the one that we have been using, if you do not have this version, you can download it from the link. If that still isnt working for you i would suggest clearing the website data but it seems that only solves the problem for about 20 minutes

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-08T14:48:04+00:00

    Thanks Mike. Our problem actually started within the App. If I refresh the app it works fine for anything from 1 to 5 attachments/ emails and then goes back to the error "unable to download the attachment". I have tested with Chrome browser and it seemed to be working but the end users don't have access to the browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments