How can I generate a link to a specific email?

Anonymous
2024-02-05T02:36:04+00:00

How can I generate a hyperlink to a specific email?

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T18:43:07+00:00

    I am looking to get the permalink for an email in Outlook. I used to use an app that had a permalink button that would copy the permalink. I am surprised Outlook has not done this yet!

    Outlook is unable to do it and it assume never will. You can turn your mail into a task and will then find the link to the E-Mail in Microsoft Tasks (I use ToDoist for that). But a simpe right-click on an E-Mail and something like "Get Link" in the context menu (just as OneNote can do it) is unlikely to ever happen.

    The reason for that is that the Outlook Team at Microsoft is far from reality and focuses on "important" features such as joyful animations if the message contains 'Happy Birthday'. I guess, you can't have both and they obviously have their priorities!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-17T07:27:49+00:00

    I also found what is to me a fairly easy way (while I still think there should be a native way to do it).
    I create a task from the e-mail. This task contains a deep link to the e-mail. Then delete the task if desired.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T08:29:29+00:00

    Thanks for this. I can't see the "Link to Outlook" option. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

    Best wishes

    Graham

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-29T13:40:22+00:00

    You can achieve this using MSFT Graph API. Each returned mail object has a webLink property. The value of that returned webLink property is what you need.

    I was able to implement that using Power Automate for my use case.

    Hi Arthur,

    Could you talk more about how you achieved this in Power Automate? I am testing out if I can dynamically capture (In an excel or sharepoint) the links for emails sent out during an email blast from Power Automate

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-24T08:53:31+00:00

    You can achieve this using MSFT Graph API. Each returned mail object has a webLink property. The value of that returned webLink property is what you need.

    I was able to implement that using Power Automate for my use case.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments