How can I generate a link to a specific email?

Anonymous
2024-02-05T02:36:04+00:00

How can I generate a hyperlink to a specific email?

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-06T00:18:37+00:00

    this worked for me.

    Flag the email.

    Open > To Do list

    Select the flagged email. On the right you will see a link to open the email. You can copy and paste this link.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-09T22:40:16+00:00

    I am looking to get the permalink for an email in Outlook. I used to use an app that had a permalink button that would copy the permalink. I am surprised Outlook has not done this yet!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-24T16:29:15+00:00

    The only solytion I have found to that problem is :

    1. Choose the "Send to Onenote" option for the email you want.
    2. Go to the new note that has been created in the Onenote. There, within the new note, you will see the "link to outlook" option.
    3. Put your mouse on that link , press Ctrl +K and get the link you are looking for from the window that will open.
    4. Then , optially , you can delete the note on the Onenote.

    Thanks @MrjB_79 That "link to outlook" was exactly what I was looking for. It's a shame you can't get this directly from the Outlook app. Why go through the hassle of sending it to OneNote, copying the link, deleting the note, then pasting the link where you want it.
    *facepalm*.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-16T16:30:57+00:00

    The only solytion I have found to that problem is :

    1. Choose the "Send to Onenote" option for the email you want.
    2. Go to the new note that has been created in the Onenote. There, within the new note, you will see the "link to outlook" option.
    3. Put your mouse on that link , press Ctrl +K and get the link you are looking for from the window that will open.
    4. Then , optially , you can delete the note on the Onenote.

    Thanks, that works! It does interact with Outlook online, but that works ok for me. Better than nothing.

    Tom

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-05T07:47:28+00:00

    Dear Greg Esteban,

    Good morning!

    Thanks for posting in the Microsoft Community. We're happy to help. We're looking into your situation and will update you soon.

    Please appreciate your patience and understanding and thank you for your time and cooperation.

    Sincerely

    Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments