Why is my select all button missing?

Anonymous
2023-04-05T16:35:54+00:00

My select button is missing from my main outlook email. I am confused as to why it's no longer there as it is available for use on my other emails. I do not wish to switch to the desktop app or switch emails. I am aware that CTRL A/Shft + Click are options but I would like to have the functionality of just clicking to select multiple without the need of the keyboard. I have looked through all the settings I can find and even made a new account (this one) to see if there are any settings that differ that could've caused it, Unfortunately I found nothing helpful. I welcome any and all suggestions, relogging has also proved ineffective as well as removing all options from my toolbar and resetting it.

This tick icon is the one in question that has vanished.

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T17:09:29+00:00

    I cannot fathom the thought process that went behind this change. It seriously slows me down and makes managing my email so much harder, unnecessarily.

    Please, Microsoft, can we reintroduce a common standard UI feature that has worked just fine for decades and not hide it behind a secondary unnecessary click? There is absolutely zero reason for this change - it's not even like you got the option off the screen entirely by hiding it, because now there's a button that looks almost the same to redisplay the option itself. Really, this is just silly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-24T12:13:30+00:00

    I'm trying to figure out why the Outlook team would remove the appropriately placed check box that was right above the email check boxes of the received emails (SuperQA's question mark) only to add a Select button over to the right just to bring back that appropriately placed and now disappeared check box over to the left?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-21T22:23:52+00:00

    So, 7 months after pointlessly faffing about with the "select" button then restoring it to its original setting, the MENSA members at Microsoft have now reverted once again to the unpopular and incredulously unnecessary cause of the exasperated complaints in this thread, and made bulk selecting of emails an extended task.

    Has Elon Musk taken over Microsoft when nobody was looking or has logic and common sense simply ceased to exist in the world of tech?

    If you'll excuse me, I'll get back to banging my head against the wall in utter disbelief and dismay...

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-21T21:33:40+00:00

    Yo idiots at Microsoft change is not necessarily improvement.

    The select button should either be configurable or it should have stayed on as the default.

    Do I need to start using my google account.

    Morons.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-03T02:40:02+00:00

    Well, it WAS fixed. Now, sometime between 10/1/2023 at 2AM EST and 1400 EST it just disappeared again. W+F Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments