Why is my select all button missing?

Anonymous
2023-04-05T16:35:54+00:00

My select button is missing from my main outlook email. I am confused as to why it's no longer there as it is available for use on my other emails. I do not wish to switch to the desktop app or switch emails. I am aware that CTRL A/Shft + Click are options but I would like to have the functionality of just clicking to select multiple without the need of the keyboard. I have looked through all the settings I can find and even made a new account (this one) to see if there are any settings that differ that could've caused it, Unfortunately I found nothing helpful. I welcome any and all suggestions, relogging has also proved ineffective as well as removing all options from my toolbar and resetting it.

This tick icon is the one in question that has vanished.

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-02T18:29:46+00:00

    Hi all, I discovered something that works for me in settings for my Outlook.com (old Hotmail, and not the app) where I don't think everybody in this thread has the same questions and problems that a few of us are asking.

    Open Outlook.com > click on gear (settings) > click on View All Settings > click on Mail > Click on Layout > find Sender Image > click on Show Sender Image > now I have click boxes in front of all my emails with the letters of the names of the people and their sent emails to me. Hopefully this works for everyone, and Thanks for taking the time to post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-22T04:05:05+00:00

    Hey Hotmail/Outlook VP of Product and Product team,

    Can you please stop adding STUPID USELESS and ANNOYING enhancements such as forcing an advertisement line item at the top of the email grid interface to justify your high paid salaries?
    Nobody will click it nor read it anyway, and now every user have to delete them manually if they don't want to see it, EVERY TIME. This is INTRUSIVE.
    It doesn't serve you, it doesn't serve your clients except building more and more hate against your brand and your clients' brand.

    Now, to the topic in question:
    In the same spirit of my above remark, you made the "Select All" checkbox disappear from the main UI of Hotmail/Outlook online. This used to be on the left side of the UI and was a very useful and handy functionality to have at hand (see screenshot).
    Now, users have to click a new "Select" button to make it appear (see screenshot). This is one extra step we really don't need, This is very UX UNFRIENDLY, especially nowadays when we daily have to delete things in bulk because of spams.
    STOP ENCAPSULATING AND HIDING FUNCITONALITIES FOR THE SAKE OF IT. This UX pattern of encapsultion and lean UI, is starting to reach the peak of ridiculousness and absurdity.

    Your goal is not make abstact Ui art through some obscure UX theories.

    Your goal is to make our users' workflow as convenient, fucntional and as frictionless as possible.PLEASE PUT BACK THE SELECT ALL CHECKBOX WHERE IT USED TO BE !!

    Image

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-05-02T17:07:12+00:00

    Who's idea was it to do this? Can we have a couple hour long meetings to discuss the absolute ignorance involved on making SELECTING EMAILS harder? Fire these designers/developers

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-17T20:38:44+00:00

    So, its been a couple of weeks since this issue was raised and nothing has been done to remedy it. Does anyone from Microsoft read these forums?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-07T01:40:48+00:00

    For some reason all my select buttons went missing. I can re-display them, however, by pressing Ctrl when I select a message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments