Reminders for external invites in outlook now.

Anonymous
2022-05-11T09:27:24+00:00

Hi Microsoft team,

I'd like to know if there is a way to set Reminders for external invites in outlook because me and my team are receiving invites from other calendars and we miss the meetings because the reminders are not automatically set after we accept the external invitation.

Thank you in advance

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-15T13:41:08+00:00

    Just tested using a gmail calendar entry to my work Outlook/Exchange account. I set a 0 minute reminder on the gmail invite and my work Outlook client did not set the 30 minute reminder that I have set in the Outlook client.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-14T21:00:12+00:00

    Yes I have been noticing it updating now. Haven't tested different meetings but the one I received from a Zoom invite is working and adding the reminder! Not sure on Google.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-06-14T20:45:34+00:00

    Is it me, or is it fixed?

    I noticed the last few days my invites are showing. Does anyone else see the same?

    I possibly need a few more meetings to verify.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-06-14T20:37:06+00:00

    Holy snakes this is a dumb problem not to have resolved. I'm accepting the invite on MY calendar... please display the reminder control so I can set my reminder when I accept the meeting! I'm fine if it's buried in a menu somewhere! Just make it available!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-02T13:26:14+00:00

    I have found that it defaults to Never. If they would just change the default to 15 then at least you would get a reminder when someone sends. I find a lot of people have no idea that you can change the default. Very frustrating. Makes you look bad when you miss a meeting because you did not get a reminder. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments