Where, Oh Where, Is the File Tab in Outlook 365???

Anonymous
2023-05-11T02:11:34+00:00

I am migrating from an old desktop PC that is utilizing Microsoft 2019 to a new laptop that is using Outlook 365 (subscription). I want to move my .pst file from Outlook 2019 to my new laptop and Outlook 365. There is NO FILE TAB in Outlook 365. How do I direct Outlook where to look for the .pst file???

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-05-11T02:47:27+00:00

Hello WIUser

Are you using Outlook on the web or Outlook that was installed with Office? Type Outlook on the start menu to open the desktop app - its called Outlook app.

It looks nearly identical to Outlook 2019 as seem in my second screenshot.

-- Diane

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-28T16:07:43+00:00

    YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!!

    THANK YOU

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-25T20:24:07+00:00

    I was really hoping there was an answer to this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-24T14:54:01+00:00

    Hi everyone,

    I had the same issue

    Here is the solution:

    Under settings you should see a tab that says Mail> next to that tab select compose and reply so

    Settings>Mail>compose and reply

    this will show you your signature.

    It took me way too long to figure it out, figured id share.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T04:10:48+00:00

    I just installed Windows11 and Office 365. I was able to download and install the local applications for the not web-based parts of Office, including Outlook. When running the Outlook application I was able to load the PST file. There seems to be even an option to merge several PST files.

    Web-based Outlook is unusable, so my solution is to use only the applications installed on my PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments