Where, Oh Where, Is the File Tab in Outlook 365???

Anonymous
2023-05-11T02:11:34+00:00

I am migrating from an old desktop PC that is utilizing Microsoft 2019 to a new laptop that is using Outlook 365 (subscription). I want to move my .pst file from Outlook 2019 to my new laptop and Outlook 365. There is NO FILE TAB in Outlook 365. How do I direct Outlook where to look for the .pst file???

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-05-11T02:47:27+00:00

Hello WIUser

Are you using Outlook on the web or Outlook that was installed with Office? Type Outlook on the start menu to open the desktop app - its called Outlook app.

It looks nearly identical to Outlook 2019 as seem in my second screenshot.

-- Diane

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-11T18:30:02+00:00

    I was led to this "answer" from a question about how to turn off irritating sound notifications. I was told to go to "File" tab. As you all note, there ISN'T a "File" tab in Outlook 365.

    So I finally figured out how to do this:

    1. Go to Outlook 365 on web.
    2. Go to Settings "Cog" in upper right.
    3. Select "General" option.
    4. Select "Notifications" option.
    5. Choose which ever option -- mail, calendar, etc. - for which you want to TURN OFF notifications sound.
    6. UNCLICK "PLAY SOUND" tab.

    That's it. Simple enough to explain. What is it about Microsoft Help that needs to make simple instructions complicated, unclear, and/or ambiguous? It's as if it's a point of pride to NOT be straight forward.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-01T22:46:32+00:00

    I WAS VERY CONFUSED WITH 2 OUTLOOKS AFTER LOADING 365..............WHAT A MESS..... SEARCHED FOR OUTLOOK APP IN THE START BUTTON AND FOUND IT.... LOADED OUTLOOK APP EASILY AND LOOKS LIKE MY OLD OUTLOOK WITH FILE, HOME, SEND/RECEIVE, ETC.... HAPPY AFTER SPENDING HOURS LOOKING FOR THE INFAMOUS "FILE" COMMAND AND JUNK - BLOCK SENDER............

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T23:52:07+00:00

    Just FYTI - this doesn't always work. When I click the old icon and it brings up the stupid new interface. I am now looking for a replacement email interface ... if Microsoft is going to pull this **** I'll find an alternative program.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T01:09:33+00:00

    When I turned off the "New Outlook" toggle, the old version will not open. Once I selected the New version, I can no longer go back to the Old.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments