Outlook for Android is sending notifications for old emails.

Anonymous
2022-03-10T23:59:41+00:00

Hi,

Earlier this week, Outlook for Android started sending me notifications for a few emails that are now several days ago.

The emails have even been deleted but I get notified several times a day with the notification having the current time.

I am using the latest version of Outlook on a Samsung S8.

Any suggestion please.

Regards, Graham.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-06T05:59:28+00:00

    Ok this is driving me nuts. I have tried all of your suggestions and everyone elses. NO SOLUTION. I kept getting notified over and over for the same emails on anroid. Doesn't matter if I delete them will still get notified. HOW DO I STOP THIS

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-04-22T11:36:51+00:00

    Hello,

    I have exactly the same issue. 2 notifications for old deleted emails come once or twice a day.

    Did you found a solution ?

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-14T04:41:48+00:00

    From 2017 till now, Microsoft could have rewritten the entire Outlook program from the ground up. I have tried all their BS fixes like everyone else here and none of them have worked. It is hard to believe that Microsoft cannot isolate and fix this widely known problem with a small Android email client app. I just got a new phone with the latest software updates and a fresh install of Outlook for Android and the problem still persists. This is definitely a software issue and has nothing to do with which version of Android you have or which version of Outlook you use. I have had a problem with Android 10 and now with Android 12 and who knows how many Outlook updates have been installed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-14T01:20:00+00:00

    Precisely, if they just acknowledged the issue I wouldn't even be mad. But I know if they do fix the issue it'll be done quietly and pretend it never happened.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-03-11T12:37:30+00:00

    Thank you.

    My Android device is fully up-to-date as is the Outlook app.

    I have disabled notifications and reset the account but there are just 2 specific emails that keep notifying me. I received both last Monday.

    I haven't yet uninstalled the app as would prefer to try and find a solution first as that takes quite sometime to reconfigure.

    I'll try the "Outlook for Android Team" as you suggested.

    Thanks, Graham.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments