Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
I do NOT want this disfeature and when i follow your instructions I do NOT have ""Additional Security Options" "
How do i stop this madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Microsoft imposed an Authenticator app on my home outlook. How do I get rid of it?
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I do NOT want this disfeature and when i follow your instructions I do NOT have ""Additional Security Options" "
How do i stop this madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I follow your directions, I get this message:
Microsoft Authenticator app could not be removed We could not remove the Microsoft Authenticator app at this time.
I really want to remove this. It is causing so many problems. Do you have any other suggestions?
That's what is frustrating! I have been using this method for almost 5 years! Everyone is MFA enabled but this Authenticator app has started popping up in the last week.
The user logins like normal, enters their MFA code then it prompts them to download the app and set it up. They cannot continue until its complete.
Enabled or disabled? My default is disabled on all my users.
A few months ago I got an email notification that they will start enforcing MFA on/after a certain date. It got switched ON but I turned it back OFF (from azure AD). Perhaps one of the recent changes requires the use of MS Auth app. Phone number and alternate email address aren't sufficient and they're forcing all to add 1 more (auth app). If that's the case, I don't know how to turn off the prompt to use MS Auth app.
Hi Ron6576,
Inquiring how you were able to "turn it back OFF (from azure AD)"?
Thank you in advance,
Eduardo
Hey you are right. It does go to a link. I unclicked the box but still seem to want the authenticator app to run. Maybe it takes some time to work through the system
I need to remove authenticator app on Microsoft