How do I turn off Microsoft Authenticator?

Anonymous
2023-04-16T16:47:36+00:00

Microsoft imposed an Authenticator app on my home outlook. How do I get rid of it?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-04T15:03:59+00:00

    Microsoft imposed an Authenticator app on my home outlook. How do I get rid of it?

    You should be able to only set phone and SMS in this link:

    https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/UserManagement/MfaSettings.aspx?BrandContextID=O365

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-31T08:46:55+00:00

    Compeletly agree with all on this thread - I DO NOT WANT TO AUTH APP - would like the choice to have text code - PLEASE can we have this back

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-30T07:52:51+00:00

    Please help me get rid of Microsoft Authentication

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-25T14:47:04+00:00

    "Not now" has disappeared for us now and it's causing havoc. I can't get my job done and people don't want to use it which I don't mind.

    I can't even access the Multifactor authentication part of Azure Mike mentioned because I need a "Premium" licence.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-23T14:49:50+00:00

    Does one of these settings disable the authenticator app?

    We're in the same position as most of you. We don't want the authenticator app. MFA is working just fine for us. Being forced to use that will be a real PITA. We have a lot of non-tech savvy users. Changing anything requires a lot of hand-holding. And our users are spread out over 4 counties so not all in the same building either (~325 users).

    I've already gone through the process of seting up the authenticator app when the prompt no longer allowed me to click on "Not now" and it was NOT very user friendly. I've turned it off but now I'm back to answering the same prompt as before. I'm wondering how long "Not now" will be available and I have to go through the same process of setting up the authenticator app. ARGH!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments