Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
The miracle is over. Today I am back to getting endless pop ups to enter my password for my comcast email. Nothing was changed on my laptop.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
For over a year, I have received my Comcast email to my laptop using my Outlook 365 app. Never had an issue until this morning. All I got was a 'send/receive error'. When I tried repairing it, nothing worked! I double-checked that the security box as still turned on to allow third party email programs (it was); I 'repaired' the connection using incoming server: imap.comcast.net, port: 993, encryption method: SSL/TLS, outgoing server: smtp.comcast.net, port: 587, encryption method: SSL/TLS. I am getting this error message:
So, I tried the other encryption methods - still would not connect. I have absolutely NO idea why it worked when I went to sleep last night and this morning it does not. I would really appreciate any help.
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The miracle is over. Today I am back to getting endless pop ups to enter my password for my comcast email. Nothing was changed on my laptop.
It's a miracle. Just for fun I tried adding my comcast email account back to Outlook and it worked. I have not changed anything on my laptop. For weeks I was getting prompted for password endlessly. Microsoft tech said it was Xfinitiy's problem. I had two cases open with Xfinity and of course I never heard from anyone.
I had the same issue and this was the solution. Thank you.
Thanks. I went through your suggestions. When I added back my Comcast email ID I keep getting prompted for password. So at this point, I don't have a Comcast email ID in Outlook.
My issue was resolved within days of having the initial problem. I wish I could precisely describe everything I did to correct matters. These are the last steps I took, not necessarily in order, that resolved matters:
When that was finished, I probably restarted my computer again. Then I started Outlook 365 and added the Comcast account with the default settings. NOTE: I may have added comcast back using the "Mail (Microsoft Outlook)" dialog.
It may be that I'm just lucky that my comcast account is on a compatible server at Comcast. But everything seems to be working fine now.
Hope this helps.