Outlook quit working with comcast email

Anonymous
2022-04-25T00:59:04+00:00

For over a year, I have received my Comcast email to my laptop using my Outlook 365 app. Never had an issue until this morning. All I got was a 'send/receive error'. When I tried repairing it, nothing worked! I double-checked that the security box as still turned on to allow third party email programs (it was); I 'repaired' the connection using incoming server: imap.comcast.net, port: 993, encryption method: SSL/TLS, outgoing server: smtp.comcast.net, port: 587, encryption method: SSL/TLS. I am getting this error message:

So, I tried the other encryption methods - still would not connect. I have absolutely NO idea why it worked when I went to sleep last night and this morning it does not. I would really appreciate any help.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-21T14:27:54+00:00

    I got it to work by installing Office 2019 for desktop and doing away with Office (MS) 365. What a sad state of affairs that I had to return to older technology to solve this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-16T14:56:55+00:00

    I have had this same issue for a week now. Outlook worked fine for years with Xfinity. One day I started getting Imap pop up for password. Has anyone found the solution? I also have third party checked at Xfinity website. Password is correct as I am using it on Iphone and when using email at xfinity.com. I have tried "repair"

    Xfinity says it is Microsoft problem not theres.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-25T14:53:23+00:00

    I just changed my Comcast password and am now having the same issue as noted above.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-04-28T11:46:41+00:00

    It would appear that many peoples have problems with certain providers mail accounts, generally an MS Office repair cures the problem or it simply cures itself after a day or so, its a problem at the providers end

    A comcast mail account is setup using auto setup so no settings are used, you only need the mail address & its password

    Yea, I tried the auto-set-up and it still did not work. That's when I tried to set-up manually. I've been trying to set my Outlook 365 mail app back up for several days - still not working. Like I stated, it worked fine one evening, turned off my laptop, went to sleep. Next morning, cannot get my email. Have not idea what happened nor can I repair it. I won't renew my subscription without being able to use Outlook on my desktop as an app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-04-25T13:12:31+00:00

    It would appear that many peoples have problems with certain providers mail accounts, generally an MS Office repair cures the problem or it simply cures itself after a day or so, its a problem at the providers end

    A comcast mail account is setup using auto setup so no settings are used, you only need the mail address & its password

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments