IMAP support for NEW Outlook for Windows

Anonymous
2023-08-14T19:07:03+00:00

Hi,

Recently saw that you added support for iCloud accounts but still nothing for IMAP emails. Any word on when this will be available? After this feature is added, I can stop using the OLD Outlook desktop app.

Thanks

Stephen

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-16T17:22:59+00:00

    Just tried to add an IMAP with a hosted domain on SiteGround in Canada putting in the correct advanced settings, as the new Outlook default settings were incorrect.

    It did not work.

    Not sure if it's because of my region, hosting provider, or something else. I remember trying it shortly after new Outlook was release in my region and it didn't work then either. The only reason I tried again is because new Outlook installed an update on my PC and I figured they may have fixed the IMAP feature, which it appears at least for me they haven't done in my case.

    I still use Outlook 2016 despite its bugs and other shortcomings because it still mostly works, and for anything that doesn't I use the web version. I tried to switch to Mail before it was rebranded, but it fell short of IMAP support as well.

    Current version of new Outlook (Mail app replacement)

    You have Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2024.605.100 (Production). Client Version is 20240607002.17.WebView2 Version is 125.0.2535.92.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-07T23:01:09+00:00

    imap works but it just doesent sync like old outlook two ways. If you read messages on desktop they wont appear read on phone. Its a big step down from old outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-19T17:08:20+00:00

    That's another thread, but for simplicity just use the direct link.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-17T17:10:07+00:00

    Yes, I don't think it's necessarily by version, based on how I've seen features roll out before (Gmail support comes to mind), but rather by back-end hocus-pocus. Perhaps out of caution not everyone sees new features at the same time. The above screenshot suggests that IMAP is imminent though, which is interesting since it's not mentioned at all in the Microsoft 365 roadmap.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-16T06:15:53+00:00

    Hello

    Thanks for providing us with some additional information on your current concern.

    For now, let me get in touch with our internal team about this matter. To check if there are other information that they can provide to us.

    And to confirm, if the current information provided from the article needs to be updated.

    We will give you an update, once we get a response from them.

    Your patience on this matter is much appreciated,

    Sincerely

    Khou Sun

    Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments