IMAP support for NEW Outlook for Windows

Anonymous
2023-08-14T19:07:03+00:00

Hi,

Recently saw that you added support for iCloud accounts but still nothing for IMAP emails. Any word on when this will be available? After this feature is added, I can stop using the OLD Outlook desktop app.

Thanks

Stephen

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-31T02:51:47+00:00

    why would Ms kill off win mail, a perfectly working product when the new has still so many gaps?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-08T10:38:10+00:00

    As IMAP is integrated in Outlook (new) by now there is one problem left: If the IMAP configuration for login needs a different account than the e-mail adress, it is not possible to configure this. With SMTP there is an extra field for SMTP-account, but not for IMAP. So extended setup fails.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T20:43:28+00:00

    Last year I kept trying to use with Imap but to no avail.

    But then about3 months ago I started the old Outlook and it suddenly disappeared off and came back as the new Outlook and with my main IMAP account up and running.

    I still had the return to old Outlook option.

    A few weeks latter I added my other two email accounts in IMAP format and they worked with just needing to give the address and password, all the rest was done automatically.

    Cannot understand why you are all having problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments