IMAP support for NEW Outlook for Windows

Anonymous
2023-08-14T19:07:03+00:00

Hi,

Recently saw that you added support for iCloud accounts but still nothing for IMAP emails. Any word on when this will be available? After this feature is added, I can stop using the OLD Outlook desktop app.

Thanks

Stephen

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T17:58:23+00:00

    Is there an update on this issue. I have multiple email accounts, one of which is through my ISP, and I'm constantly getting MS messages to update my credentials for the IMAP account. Otherwise, I would be forced to continue to use the existing Mail for Windows, which works flawlessly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-30T19:56:57+00:00

    This is actually embarrassing. We're now being forced to use a mail client that isn't even compatible with accounts for which many of us need it. Yikes. If you're looking to boot users from your products, this is an excellent way to do it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T12:40:06+00:00

    Same here. I lost my previous functioning Outlook for Windows through IMAP and now with the new 2023 version I just cannot get IMAP to work. Also my provider cannot help me. So no Outlook for me at the moment but back to the e-mail solution of my provider Ziggo, which is really not desirable. I want outlook back as part of my paid Microsoft 365 Family subscription.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-30T15:53:35+00:00

    I guess you mean the Mail/Calendar app that comes with WIn10/11? Yes, MS announced that new Outlook is the replacement for it. I'm not sure of the timing of that, but that transition was announced in recent months and is already underway in Insider channels, at least.

    BTW, IMAP availability in new Outlook happened for me in the last few days, and it wasn't tied to an update in the client, since the very same version didn't have it days earlier. Microsoft must be enabling it on their side per-account. You just have to wait.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-16T22:08:15+00:00

    Not available with my version

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments