Outlook stuck on synchronizing folders

Anonymous
2023-06-26T16:15:19+00:00

Just installed a new workstation and the user is not receiving emails. At the bottom there's a bar that says 'synchronizing inbox' - I've tried the IMAP settings to unsubscribe from the folders and also tried unchecking the microsoft cloud setting but still nothing. When I click details in send/receive it says 6 minutes remaining but it's been stuck there for 2 hours.

Help!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-17T22:07:05+00:00

    My Outlook just started hanging up on synchronizing late yesterday afternoon. I followed your instruction to just do Inbox. However, now it is hanging up on Folder: Inbox Check for new mail. Luckily it did send my outgoing mail before it went to this step, but it is bringing the new mail in. I find if I cancel the process, close outlook and restart the computer. Outlook does work correctly the first time I do the send/receive. Any ideas?

    Pris Truesdell

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-12T21:59:30+00:00

    Katherine's steps worked for me here in July 2025.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments