Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
I am running the classic version on Win 11, not the new or web version of Outlook. I have a IMAP email account set up, which tries to synchronise folders.
I have followed the instructions in Katherine's message, only the INBOX is checked: all lower folders within Inbox are not checked, and no other folders have check boxes. So all folders except INBOX are either not checked or do not have a checkbox.
Mail synch for this account downloads new mail from the server to INBOX, but then tries to synch many other folders, possibly only those below INBOX in the outline - even though they are not checked as in step 4 in the instructions.
This generates a long list of synch issues (stored in the synch error folder) and takes a long time for every mail synch.
I have tried to replace the IMAP account with a POP account - but since this means creating a new account (IMAP to POP change not possible on the existing account) I get a whole new set of folders for INBOX, SENT ITEMS, etc. making mail management more difficult, since I'd have 2 accounts for my main mail address - 1 old IMAP the other new POP. I wouldn't synch the IMAP of course after creating the POP. Not a tidy solution.