Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
I just sent message 2 minutes ago
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
all contacts in outlook have disappeared. How can I retrieve them?
(*Moved from Office insider.)
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I just sent message 2 minutes ago
This kind of answer is most unhelpful. because the assumption is not called for and is wrong. Does MS REALLY want to help the customer or simply avoid the cost of making the use of its programs more user friendly?
I have found a solution that works for me. I have installed Outlook from the Office 365 software. I have removed all email accounts there. I then went into my Microsoft account and made my email ending in Outlook.com the default email address. I added that to Outlook 365 first, then added my other email addresses. I often got a message stating the email address already existed. When that happened I went into the accounts area (that has been removed in Outlook New app), and entered the old fashioned interface for adding email accounts, and added it there successfully. After all my email accounts were working properly I then clicked the switch in the upper right hand corner to use the Outlook New app. Everything then migrated and worked properly, with all my contacts stored in my Microsoft account showing.
no one is coming forward with a fix but it is interesting that so many have the same problem. hopefully someone at microsoft witll come forward with a fix for us.
i did not even know there was a new version of outlook.com. it just somehow took over. i dont like it. nowk to select all emails in inbox you have to click 2 different boxes. one is new and took me a while to find... it's to the rightof the word inbox instead of where itused to be. you used to click one place to select all the **** in the inbox. now you have to first his selelct then selecte them all again. redundant and inefficient! not to mention a change that was worthless.
i treied to find out how to get back to the outlook.com i used to have; hoping it would get my contacts back. any hints on internet to return to "classic" outlook.com DO NOT WORK!
My contacts too have been lost because I can no longer access OUTLOOK due to my trying the new version if it and finding that it then stopped me seeing them. Kindly restore them for me and all the others who have hopefully tried the new version.