New Outlook - Where is shortcut to move message to a folder

Anonymous
2023-04-18T20:24:31+00:00

I have just switched to "New Outlook" from the classic Outlook. For years I have used the Ctrl+Shift+V shortcut to quickly move a message to a folder and open the "previous" message. I am looking for a similar shortcut in "New Outlook".

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T22:25:38+00:00

    I think the problem is that once you have an email popped out, there is no where in the popped out email to select to move to a folder, You have to close the email, find it in the inbox and drag or use the cool move it icon on the email row to move. I have to pop open a lot of emails because there are screenshots or other graphics that are too big for the preview pane.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-30T12:51:37+00:00

    The shortcut still works in the new Outlook. However there is another method to move the messages to the folders.

    Go to Settings -> Mail -> Customize Actions -> and check the "Move to a folder" button.

    They only allow 4 customized actions, so choose whichever ones you will use the most.

    Also, once this is done, you will see the "Move to a folder" button on the right side whenever you hover your mouse cursor over an email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-05T01:56:03+00:00

    Also have this problem... I just want to open select messages in a pop-out, read them and then either move them to right folder and the window closes or delete.

    New Outlook is not conducive to this - also why no delete option near the shortcuts for reply/forward at the top of the message and only in the "..." option?!

    Doing it from the message list view is an extra step.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-28T01:49:20+00:00

    I used to right click on a message in the list, and then press "m" on the keyboard and select a folder. Now I have to hunt through the ribbon to find the word Move and its really slowing me down. Not enjoying the experience.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-08T20:42:54+00:00

    I'm hoping they bring over as many shortcuts from the legacy version as this change is hard to get used to.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments