New Outlook - Where is shortcut to move message to a folder

Anonymous
2023-04-18T20:24:31+00:00

I have just switched to "New Outlook" from the classic Outlook. For years I have used the Ctrl+Shift+V shortcut to quickly move a message to a folder and open the "previous" message. I am looking for a similar shortcut in "New Outlook".

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T16:15:17+00:00

    the issue is that you have to close the email to see the button. you cannot move the email to a folder while still open, which you could easily do in "old" outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-04T20:55:51+00:00

    I understand the preliminary nature of "New" outlook. I was bringing this up in hopes it may make it into the final version.

    My current workaround is to "download" the message to a .msg file then move that file outside of Outlook as needed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-05T15:35:14+00:00

    unbellievable that MSFT has totally screwed this functionality. if i had a choice, i wouldn't use outlook at all. awful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-22T20:16:10+00:00

    I'm desperately trying to acclimate to the new outlook, and this is making is VERY difficult.

    This doesn't solve the issue, but I do like being able to customize the action buttons that popup when you hover on an email in the list to include a "Move to folder" button

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-20T21:44:32+00:00

    When processing multiple messages that get sent to multiple folders the SHIFT-CTRL-V is much faster. To Drag & Drop you have to go back to the main listing for every message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments