Cannot copy and paste docs into a meeting invite anymore?

Anonymous
2023-08-21T23:21:36+00:00

Hi, I used to be able to attach files pdf's etc into a meeting invite in my manager's diary, ie if he had received an invite to a meeting and I wanted to attach all the relevant docs to that meeting (even if I wasn't the owner/initiator of the meeting invite) I could go copy and paste the relevant docs then when you went to close the meeting invite it would ask if you wanted to save to which I would click yes and the result was the docs would all be saved in the calendar invite for ease of access to docs on the day. Now it doesn't seem possible to do that which is really frustrating. What has changed? Please can you respond soon. Thanks

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-16T15:30:29+00:00

    Terrible decision to remove this feature. You should have consulted heavy users before you made this change. Please reconsider.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T01:20:53+00:00

    This is very frustrating and now complicates, things. Previously I could just load the meeting papers inside the calendar invitation that is not our created meeting. He likes to have the meeting papers on hand inside the request, now this is not possible. I have now started to create a separate meeting request adjacent to the calendar invite, and call this new meeting - meeting papers, then I load the papers in there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-02T16:49:43+00:00

    i agree completely! this "update" is costing me time, and killing trees!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-18T19:52:14+00:00

    Why oh why does MS keep changing useful features like this is beyond me. Totally out of touch with how people use Office. Maddening that someone thought this was a good idea. Please, please MS, bring back the copy/paste function into a calendar invites regardless if it someone else created it. This was a seriously useful features which I used daily. I have not yet figured out how to keep on top of e-mails with agenda, minutes, presentations of previous and future meetings, often sent by others then the person who sent the invite.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-10T20:31:29+00:00

    In Outlook, Someone else sent me the meeting/calendar invitation. I accepted, however, the attach icon is grayed out, so there is no way to attach a document that I would like to reference during that meeting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments