Cannot copy and paste docs into a meeting invite anymore?

Anonymous
2023-08-21T23:21:36+00:00

Hi, I used to be able to attach files pdf's etc into a meeting invite in my manager's diary, ie if he had received an invite to a meeting and I wanted to attach all the relevant docs to that meeting (even if I wasn't the owner/initiator of the meeting invite) I could go copy and paste the relevant docs then when you went to close the meeting invite it would ask if you wanted to save to which I would click yes and the result was the docs would all be saved in the calendar invite for ease of access to docs on the day. Now it doesn't seem possible to do that which is really frustrating. What has changed? Please can you respond soon. Thanks

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-17T02:46:23+00:00

    If they locked making changes to calendar events for security reasons, perhaps they could have added something in updated the program that allows people with delegate access to the calendar to make changes/add items. I would imagine the only people who should be making changes to calendar events would have the appropriate delegate permission to do so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-14T09:56:23+00:00

    Definitely!! But is Microsoft listening/reading these is the $16 million question. So far no response/rationale from Microsoft on their own forum.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-14T09:10:22+00:00

    The workaround doesn't work if you have confidential attachments that only the invitee should be seeing...those attachments can't be shared with the rest of the invited group.

    I too have to add a meeting beside the calendar invite to add the attachments to - it's REALLY frustrating!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-09T22:30:41+00:00

    I agree

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-09T09:59:39+00:00

    Is Microsoft reading this and even listening? Did they test this idea out with PAs before implementing? This makes no sense.

    Microsoft please rethink this idea or at the very least provide us with a rationale for removal of this ability? Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments