Scheduling and managing events using Outlook.com calendar
Agree with all the comments here. This is a pointless, time-killing update. Bring it back!!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, I used to be able to attach files pdf's etc into a meeting invite in my manager's diary, ie if he had received an invite to a meeting and I wanted to attach all the relevant docs to that meeting (even if I wasn't the owner/initiator of the meeting invite) I could go copy and paste the relevant docs then when you went to close the meeting invite it would ask if you wanted to save to which I would click yes and the result was the docs would all be saved in the calendar invite for ease of access to docs on the day. Now it doesn't seem possible to do that which is really frustrating. What has changed? Please can you respond soon. Thanks
Scheduling and managing events using Outlook.com calendar
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Agree with all the comments here. This is a pointless, time-killing update. Bring it back!!
HI.
This needs to be brought back. As an admin I have been doing this for a long time and it is a key tool for admins to keep their bosses with all their necessary documentation for meetings.
I just discovered that this is no longer an option and my workflow has been crippled because of this decision by MS. I tried the suggestion of adding the document to the response and that does not work.
Please work with your senior partners to bring this feature back. It is a life saver for an assistant.
Hello, following up on your reply: But what if I want to add an attachment or simply copy and paste something into the invite sent to my boss, AFTER the invite has been accepted.
Please let me know how to do this, without asking the person who sent the initial invite to send it all over again so that I can copy and paste something into the invite or attach a document when replying to the new invite.
Thank you,
Carrie
Yes, I agree. We need to be able to add documents, etc., AFTER the invite has been accepted, closer to the actual meeting time...like the day before sometimes. But, now, if someone else sent the invite, we can not do that.
If I understood correctly, when you "reply to the invite" sent to your manager, you are then able to add attachments or copy and paste information in. But, I have not tried it. This is what I thought I read in one of the comments from Microsoft.
But, this is a problem if you "accept" the invite, but then LATER have to go back in and update or attach some documents or comments.....why they did this makes no sense.....