Scheduling and managing events using Outlook.com calendar
Terrible update. This doesn't add to anyone's productivity but only takes it away. Fix this immediately Microsoft.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, I used to be able to attach files pdf's etc into a meeting invite in my manager's diary, ie if he had received an invite to a meeting and I wanted to attach all the relevant docs to that meeting (even if I wasn't the owner/initiator of the meeting invite) I could go copy and paste the relevant docs then when you went to close the meeting invite it would ask if you wanted to save to which I would click yes and the result was the docs would all be saved in the calendar invite for ease of access to docs on the day. Now it doesn't seem possible to do that which is really frustrating. What has changed? Please can you respond soon. Thanks
Scheduling and managing events using Outlook.com calendar
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Terrible update. This doesn't add to anyone's productivity but only takes it away. Fix this immediately Microsoft.
I totally agree that this was a really helpful option as it meant that papers were easily accessible for the invitee. Now they have to either search their inbox or you have to set up a separate appointment and pop the papers in there (which just clogs up the diary). Very disappointed that this option was removed.
I agree that the removal of this option is a terrible inconvenience. I similarly have been adding meeting materials etc to my boss's calendar appointments for years. Moreover, it's not always appropriate that all members of a meeting receive documents (for example, it could be a virtual job interview, and the interview questions an candidate resume should be visible to my boss, but not the interviewee...... Very frustrating that now his calendar is overloaded as an additional appointment needs to be created to house the meeting documents.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Yes, I wondered if that was the case. Very disappointing as it was a very useful feature.
I cant believe that they have taken this function away!!!!!! - Microsoft PLEASE REINSTATE. As a PA I use this function all the time to organise the meeting materials that my boss needs. Now I have to set up a separate calendar item at the side of each meeting, for any agendas meeting materials, briefings etc, whereas before you could just drop it into the invitation. I don't understand the need to remove this most useful function. Microsoft please reconsider, there are a lot of people who do this.