Scheduling and managing events using Outlook.com calendar
Thank you for your reply.
I used to do it all the time though, it has suddenly stopped working.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, I used to be able to attach files pdf's etc into a meeting invite in my manager's diary, ie if he had received an invite to a meeting and I wanted to attach all the relevant docs to that meeting (even if I wasn't the owner/initiator of the meeting invite) I could go copy and paste the relevant docs then when you went to close the meeting invite it would ask if you wanted to save to which I would click yes and the result was the docs would all be saved in the calendar invite for ease of access to docs on the day. Now it doesn't seem possible to do that which is really frustrating. What has changed? Please can you respond soon. Thanks
Scheduling and managing events using Outlook.com calendar
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you for your reply.
I used to do it all the time though, it has suddenly stopped working.
Ahh i feel your pain. I am in exactly the same boat. It is so frustrating that they have removed this incredibly helpful feature. I don't understand why they would do that.
Bring it back asap Microsoft!!!!
How do we advocate to bring this feature back! That change is SO ANNOYING.
This has been driving me nuts for weeks! Always used to do it up until 3 weeks ago.
I did this at least 8-10 times a week.
Because, often, the people sending the attachments are not the same people who scheduled the meetings.
I will literally need to quit my job.....if this feature is not brought back.
As a person who manages calendars, I need to attach documents to my execs meetings so that they don't have to go find the attachments in an email somewhere.
This change has put us back 20 years. I know have to PRINT the document, put in a tickler (ancient) and give it to them before the meeting. Or, they have to spend precious minutes they don't have to find it in their email.
Apparently from reading all the other responses, Microsoft has removed this feature entirely with the last update. There is no way to add attachments into a calendar invite someone else has sent. I can no longer add any attachments to my executives calendar if the invite has come from someone else. VERY painful indeed as this is the way that I am able to be productive for her, and ensure she has all documents electronically for her meetings.
Hi,
Thanks for replying. Sorry I am meaning in MS Outlook calendar.
No, not an invitation of mine that I have created. I know how to attach a file to that. But what I am meaning is when you receive a calendar invitation from someone else. You used to be able to go into it in your calendar and add any docs you want, so for instance I add the docs that are relevant to that particular meeting so my manager doesn't have to go searching through all his emails. They are all available on the day right there in the meeting invite (that you have received from someone else). Hope this makes sense, just to recap, it is a meeting invite from another party.
There definitely used to be the option to do it as I have been doing that for years. It just suddenly stopped being available though. Rather frustrating because like I say I use it a lot.
Thanks