SMTP does not work

Anonymous
2023-01-09T19:05:01+00:00

Hi,

My Sage accounting system used to send invoices with no issues and then stopped working for a second time. The first time I had to change the configuration of the SMTP server which had fixed the issue for several months. Now it doesn't send emails again.

I have confirmed that the settings have not changed. The only security option is the torn on SSL/TLS or not with a check mark. The setting are as follows:

Why did it stop working (around end of Nov.) ?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-12T04:59:36+00:00

    >> Can I get unbloqued ?

    No. They don't take requests like that (spammers would do it)

    Did you send the test message from Sage?

    It's hard to say which words are the problem - test it with different subjects:

    Quote 4470 from Garage S. Beauchamp

    Quote for [reason for quote] from Garage S. Beauchamp

    Garage S. Beauchamp - Quote 4470

    Client Quote from Garage S. Beauchamp

    Requested Quote from Garage S. Beauchamp

    Garage S. Beauchamp Invoice 4470

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-11T14:26:24+00:00

    I did some tests this morning. MS is bloquing my emails that have a subject line like this: "Client Quote 4470 from Garage S. Beauchamp" or "Client Invoice 4470 from Garage S. Beauchamp"

    The way I verified this is I sent 2 identical emails except the subject line from my hotmail account, I received the email with "test email" but not the quote subject line. Can I get unbloqued ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-11T05:01:51+00:00

    Do you have the latest version of Sage? It looks like StartTLS support is the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-10T19:33:35+00:00

    I just tested and managed to send email. It could be a Network issue at your end. It can also be an issue with TLS version as we only accept TLS 1.2 now. A network capture should be able to tell you the actual reason (Network or TLS version)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-10T19:15:22+00:00

    smtp.office365.com fails to send on port 25

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments