Using older versions of Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
Yes. This worked and I haven't lost anything. A further update might cancel this code - but I'd simply add a new command.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I updated to the New Version on my Macbook Pro M1, my database essentially was disabled. All the On My Computer emails were strewn all over the place and it was impossible to move anything. I had to restore my entire computer from Time Machine to get it back.
Now Outlook is threatening once again the New Version when I restart Outlook. How in the world do I prevent this from happening, as it is destructive to client-based email. I can't see a way to disable this.
Using older versions of Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Yes. This worked and I haven't lost anything. A further update might cancel this code - but I'd simply add a new command.
Yes - tried it and it appears to be a great workaround.
Having already had to Time Machine my way back to pre- "upgraded" Outlook once, I was unimpressed when it said it'll upgrade on the next restart... Tried this and it's working so far.
Thanks Richard, your helpful response somehow ended up in my box - I have now stopped this awful new version of Outlook from auto-opening.
Many thanks Randall, this worked just right.
Has anyone tried this work around? Does it work? Are local folders kept?
Will this prevent updates to Outlook from loading?