Using older versions of Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
If the script isn't working, I suggest you contact Microsoft support, they are actually fairly responsive.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I updated to the New Version on my Macbook Pro M1, my database essentially was disabled. All the On My Computer emails were strewn all over the place and it was impossible to move anything. I had to restore my entire computer from Time Machine to get it back.
Now Outlook is threatening once again the New Version when I restart Outlook. How in the world do I prevent this from happening, as it is destructive to client-based email. I can't see a way to disable this.
Using older versions of Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
If the script isn't working, I suggest you contact Microsoft support, they are actually fairly responsive.
defaults write com.microsoft.Outlook EnableNewOutlook -int 0
does not work I get command not found
any other tips? I am on version 16.76 btw.
Sorry, I did receive instructions to fix this issue and I never posted it!
Here are the instructions for the Mac:
Outlook Fix:
If you do not wish to see the prompt anymore, please Quit Outlook and follow the below instructions -
- Open Terminal (this can be searched from Spotlight located at the top right)
- Type in the commands as under -
defaults write com.microsoft.Outlook EnableNewOutlook -int 0
- After which, hit enter in Terminal
This should disable New Outlook and the prompts for it.
If you wish to enable New Outlook switch, follow the same procedure but instead of the command shared above, type the below -
defaults write com.microsoft.Outlook EnableNewOutlook -int 1
I worked great. Thanks. New Outlook disaster avoided.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Add me to the list of successfully stopping the automatic conversion!!!!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, for providing that instruction. Yesterday I got the dreaded message 'The next time you start Outlook you will get the new version.' I immediately typed in the Terminal instruction, and today when I started Outlook - I still have the old version!!!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!!