How do I prevent Outlook 365 on the Mac from launching the New Version

Anonymous
2023-04-24T16:04:10+00:00

When I updated to the New Version on my Macbook Pro M1, my database essentially was disabled. All the On My Computer emails were strewn all over the place and it was impossible to move anything. I had to restore my entire computer from Time Machine to get it back.

Now Outlook is threatening once again the New Version when I restart Outlook. How in the world do I prevent this from happening, as it is destructive to client-based email. I can't see a way to disable this.

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/6a89cef7-148a-48fb-928c-6197a09f0ae5?platform=QnA Thank you.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-07T06:31:50+00:00

    Don't be silly. That would be way too sensible and considerate. LOL!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-06T16:28:49+00:00

    Excellent! Now, if only Microsoft would give everyone a little switch to deactivate this upgrade time bomb!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-25T02:55:06+00:00

    Dear RandallPacker,

    Good day! Thank you for your reply. After thorough research and consulting, it has been determined that there is currently no way to stop Outlook 365 on Mac from launching the New Version, this is by design as the new outlook is being rolled out to all Microsoft users. The only possible workaround is to remove/stop Microsoft Auto Update from MacOS by going /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/ or just wait after restarting and switch back to legacy outlook as shown in The new Outlook for Mac - Microsoft Support.

    We apologize if we are not able to meet your requirements; however, thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will surely raise your concerns to our Product Team and hopefully this can be considered in the future updates.

    Moreover, I would like to invite community members and MVPs in the forum to share their knowledge and insight on this topic. In the meantime, you may create an entry as a feature suggestion in the Feedback Portal at Outlook · Community (microsoft.com), Other users may vote it and make it more visible to the service team so that it may be considered for future upgrades.

    For other concerns, please do not hesitate to add you post in the Microsoft Community Team.

    Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

    Sincerely,

    De Paul | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-24T18:08:51+00:00

    Thank you very much for getting back. I see others have had issues with the New Outlook. I look forward to your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-24T18:00:15+00:00

    Dear RandallPacker,

    Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

    Based on your description, I understand that you have a query "How do I prevent Outlook 365 on the Mac from launching the New Version" At this very moment, I am looking into this to see whether this is possible at the time and is there a feature or a workaround to accomplish this. I will get back to you as soon as I get any additional information about your query.

    Your patience and cooperation are much appreciated.

    Sincerely,

    De Paul | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments