Can't move new email to on my computer folders

Anonymous
2023-05-31T23:41:19+00:00

Updated to the New Outlook for Mac 16.73.1. I can't move new inbox or sent emails to my many On My Computer folders. They don't highlight in the sidebar when an email is dragged over like they do in the account sidebar files. How to fix? Many thanks

<Changed to a question>

<Original title: candy move new email to on my computer folders>

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-03T18:30:53+00:00

    I am having the exact same problem. Prior to the update I had no issues moving my emails into my folders into "on my computer." There is no error message that pops up. They don't highlight when scrolling over to drag and drop. And not only can I not drag and drop, when I attempt to move the mail manually through "move" and then "choose folder", it won't recognize any of the names of the folders in "on my computer".

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-06T14:19:51+00:00

    I have Outlook for Mac and have the same problem. When I try to move or copy an email from the inbox to any folder On My Computer, none of them appear in the dropdown list. I only see those under my email address.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T00:23:44+00:00

    I am also having this problem now, since (being forced to do) the upgrade a week or so ago. Worked fine before. Can't drag messages to one of those folders, and right click "move" will not recognise any of those folders, as noted by other users.

    I would also note that when I did the upgrade, the "on my computer" folders did not appear as part of the upgrade. I had to notice that they were absent and then figure out how to import them. When I got to that point it was clear that Outlook knew they were there - just hadn't thought to mention it.

    Finally, for several weeks before I did the major upgrade (so from say mid May), I was experiencing bizarre problems with my Yahoo.com email account. It would retrieve messages just fine, but if I deleted a message using Outlook it would completely clear the Inbox and then reload all of the messages (including the deleted one) from Yahoo. Following the upgrade my Yahoo account was missing in Outlook and I had to recreate it - after which the previously noted bizarre behaviour has disappeared.

    I mention these things in case it helps in the diagnosis.

    All in all I would have to say this upgrade was not MSFT's best work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-06-20T07:39:36+00:00

    same here, the shortcut is still linked in the UI Message>>Move>>Choose Folder "↑ + ⌘ +M", but the shortcut is not working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-07T16:29:20+00:00

    I have the same problem. I can't move messages from my sbcglobal.net or gmail.com accounts to any of my "On My Computer" folders. I keep having to switch back to the old Outlook to do this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments