Can't move new email to on my computer folders

Anonymous
2023-05-31T23:41:19+00:00

Updated to the New Outlook for Mac 16.73.1. I can't move new inbox or sent emails to my many On My Computer folders. They don't highlight in the sidebar when an email is dragged over like they do in the account sidebar files. How to fix? Many thanks

<Changed to a question>

<Original title: candy move new email to on my computer folders>

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-09T14:32:01+00:00

    I have this problem, too, --I cannot move 1 person's emails to "On my Computer" but only during a 3 week time period in June. I can move that person's emails now, but I have 11 of them stuck in my inbox or trash....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-08T17:05:28+00:00

    I tried both, gmail and non-gmail IMAP accounts. Moving from any account to any folder within "On my Computer" won't work with New Outlook. Switching back to Classic Outlook will fix the problem.

    Come on @Microsoft. How hard can it be to reproduce and fix such an obvious problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-30T21:10:32+00:00

    I'm afraid drag and drop of email folders doesn't work either in the new Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-28T14:29:00+00:00

    I have the same problem as everybody else here after I was forced to upgrade Outlook for Mac. Drag&drop between various IMAP-Mailboxes and "On my Computer" (offline) folders worked just fine before the upgrade.

    I've played around a bit and found that it's not just the offline folders that are not allowed as a drag&drop destination anymore but also other mail accounts. Moving mails seems to work fine as long as you stay within the account or within the offline folders, but it does no longer work across them.

    Not beging able to move mails between different accounts can somehow be seen as "not a bug but a feature". However "On my Computer" is *not* a mail account but a generic offline folder where this limitation makes no sense. Drag&drop should be possible here!

    @Microsoft Support:

    It would be nice to provide some feedback here. At least acknowledge the issue and let us know if it's been worked on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-16T08:12:51+00:00

    I am having exactly the same problem. Microsoft forced me to update to new Outlook and now cant move to folders "on my computer".

    Sherry Chen from MSFT said on 1 June (over a month ago) she would provide an update when problem solved. Also suggested Todd 100 post any helpful result received from MS support.

    Is there any solution available yet??

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments