Outlook Calendar Reminders Not Working

Anonymous
2020-06-04T00:56:08+00:00

since the "update" to Microsoft 365 a couple weeks ago, Outlook reminders are only working some of the time. I've missed a couple meetings because either I never got the reminder or I snoozed it and it never showed.

I ran outlook.exe /cleanreminders but it didn't do anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-22T18:56:57+00:00

    I'm having the same problem with the desktop Outlook.  I noticed that the reminder for an individual meeting in a series is getting set to "none" while the series reminder is still at 15.  Also the icon indicating a recurring meeting does not have the slash through it to indicate the single instance has been changed.   

    I've started checking my meetings (single occurrence of a series) every morning and I have found that if any have been set to none, I can close outlook desktop, change the series reminder time in outlook online, then open outlook desktop and the reminders are now set to the new time.  This only work temporarily.

    I tried /cleanreminders and renaming the profile file to force it to rebuild it but that didn't solve the reminders issue. 

    I have skype for business running constantly and with COVID all my meetings have been updated with a skype link.  I'm starting to wonder if Skype for business isn't causing the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-18T18:32:57+00:00

    I so agree!

    I have the same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-09T18:52:08+00:00

    Agreed.  I am having the same problem as well.  Reminders on my android phone are working but sporadically working on my laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-04T06:29:58+00:00

    Hi Joey

    The reminder settings are all set, as I mentioned they sometimes work. I can confirm that they behave the same way in safe mode and I have repaired it multiple times (for different reasons)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-06-04T03:15:55+00:00

    Hi tw33k

    Welcome to post in the community.

    From your description, you can try to use quick repair tool to check if it is workable. Besides, please verify the settings about Reminders is enable(In Outlook client File> Option> Advanced).

     

    Furthermore, you can run Outlook in safe mode to check if reminders can be always working. It is useful to verify whether the issue associated to add-ins on your computer.

    If the issue persists, to provide further assistance, we'd like to collect the screenshot about Outlook client version to further check. You can find the version by the steps below (File>Office Account).

    If you have anything unclear, please feel free to let us know.

    Regards,

    Joey

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments