2 Outlook icons just appeared on my Start Menu and I want them to go away

Anonymous
2021-06-22T19:31:15+00:00

they do nothing. Can't even uninstall them when you right click.

I never use Outlook not even sure where these came from. I do have Office student 2016

I ideas on how to get rid of these??

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T15:03:17+00:00

    I foyu can be more specific. I really dont want to put all that info out there.

    what are you looking for. THERE is NO unwanted programs causing this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T14:56:35+00:00

    Can you please share the screenshot of the Programs and Features window from the Control Panel? Showing list of Programs installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T14:52:42+00:00

    I tried the above BUt it doesnt do anything.

    I did do a copy paste so I think I put it in right. tried it twice

    I did already try to reinstall Office and all that does is reinstall BUT does NOT get rid of those other 3 icons. I just get 3 more. UGH

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T14:45:20+00:00

    Yes, can you please try the solution I provided in the last email, maybe that will help to remove the Office files completely.

    If that doesn't work then let's try reinstalling the Office - that may correct the installation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T14:41:07+00:00

    The issue is that every appon my Strat Menu IF you right click it takes you to Open File Location where you can delete that shortcut from your Start Menu.

    NONE of those 3 Icons gives you that alternative because they are NO longer attached to anything. They like a "mutant" app from 2016 are just there and SERVE NO PURPOSE.

    I can reinstall Office 2016 and all I will get are MORE icons that will be OK. Right now I have NOT reinstalled Office,

    There must be a way to get RID of those 3 icons on my Start Menu.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments