Outlook for Mac 2016 losing connection with Shaw email server per attached sync error message

Anonymous
2019-12-24T18:11:45+00:00
Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-15T19:58:13+00:00

    Jennifer

    Lastly how do I get Outlook to open at the On my Computer inbox?

    Currently it expands my Shaw mail and opens on the Shaw inbox

    Can I change that?

    Thanks

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-15T19:35:25+00:00

    Jennifer

    We are making progress.

    The following shows a nice clean format with all my mail now going to the On my Computer inbox etc.

    See below the screen shot for the next glitch.

    However I now have two mysterious emails dating from Jan 13 at 5:26 that keep coming to my inbox endlessly

    I keep deleting them but they reappear ( magically?)

    See below

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-15T06:22:06+00:00

    Dear JimDCross, 

    Appreciate your responses and provide the screenshoots.

    Yes, if you don't want to see your emails under All Account folders, we can disable it in Outlook by clicking the Outlook icon in the upper left corner and click Preferences, General, and uncheck the option “Show all mail account folders” , for your reference: Show separate inboxes for each account in Outlook for Mac.

    And yes, we can also create a rule to let all your incoming emails of all accounts going to the On My Computer folder by creating rules for each account in Outlook. Please kindly do following steps to create the rule for all accounts in Outlook: 

    1. In Outlook, click **Tools,**Rules.
    2. Under Client Rules, select your account type (IMAP/POP), click the "+" button to create a new rule like below picture: 

    For anything unclear or you have any problems when doing so, I'm always here to assist you. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

    Sincerely yours,

    Jennifer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-14T18:22:44+00:00

    Jennifer

    Yes my Outlook is now working

    I took a different path than suggested but I got it up and running.

    I've attached a screenshot of the top part of my Outlook side bar.

    (It ended up below the other screenshot)

    You'll see four places where an incoming email can go

    The shaw account is my main email account so an incoming mail will arrive in two inboxes: the All Accounts and the Shaw.

    Nothing ever shows in the On my Computer inbox.

    Why not?

    Can you show me how to get my email from any source to arrive in the On my Computer inbox?

    Then once done with it, I can file it or make rules to have incoming mails auto file into my various personal folders.

    I could collapse the other three mail inboxes and just use one.

    The other screenshot is my personal folders where I file everything. (It ended up first)

    It's fine as is and has a lot of my salvaged files.

    I've given up trying to get all of them.

    Jim

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-14T11:23:54+00:00

    Dear JimDCross, 

    Really glad to receive your response again.

    From the picture you uploaded, it seems you can open Outlook, configure your account to Outlook and import the .olm file to Outlook client, right?

    This is really good news so far, and I understand what you are currently worried about is that you only want to use the first set of On My Computer folders and no other complicated subfolders.

    I did some tests on my side and based on my tests,

    I tried to see if there is an one-off solution, but I only find the manual way to do it, I'm feeling sorry for the inconvenience.

    However, it's not so difficult to figure out this, but it takes some time, I’d like to say thank you in advance for your continued patience and efforts.  

    To doing so, right click on those subfolders one by one, select the option “Copy” > search for the corresponding folder under the On My Computer folder > click Copy, below pictures are for your kindly reference:  

    When you done, it is recommended ollapse all series unwanted subfolders rather than delete them in case you missed to move some folders. 

    Again, I really appreciate for your time and efforts.

    Sincerely yours,

    Jennifer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments