Outlook for Mac 2016 losing connection with Shaw email server per attached sync error message

Anonymous
2019-12-24T18:11:45+00:00
Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-13T17:55:00+00:00

    Jennifer

    Thanks for getting involved.

    This is way over my head.

    I trust by now all those offering advice on Office for Mac know that the purchased Office for Mac package and the leased Office 365 are two separate non compatible products and no one will suggest updating from 16.16 to 16.32 again.

    I've attached four screen shots showing the side panel of my current operating Outlook.

    I only want to use one set of files, the first one, and get rid of all the rest.

    I've lost all my archived data in this process and am trying to salvage my current files.

    I want a simple Outlook screen, not this cluttered thing I have now.

    What to do?

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-11T16:41:34+00:00

    Dear JimDCross,

    I feel it is really my great pleasure to have a chance to provide my suggestion for your post here! 

    I have read all the replies from you and our community member Amia, I understand that you have uninstalled 16.32 and reinstalled 16.16 version in your Mac, thanks very much for your efforts and prompt reply. 

    Based on my knowledge, the reason that you receive this error message is because many Outlook for Mac updates contain database updates, so the profile database is updated when these Outlook updates are installed.  If you try to go back to an older build of Outlook for Mac after installing an update that contained a database update, you will get that error message.

    And Amia's suggestion to export your data to an .oml from 16.32 version and import this .olm file to a new profile in the 16.16 is correct. As you receive this error message after the re-installation, may I confirm if you received this error when you tried to open the old configuration file directly?

    If so, please refer to this document “Manage profiles or identities in Outlook for Mac” to create a new profile in the 16.16 version and then check if you can import the .olm file to the new profile. Thanks for your cooperation.

    If the issue still happens and you still cannot import the .olm file to the new profile, another workaround for you is to start a trail version of Office 365 Business/Office 365 Home subscription, so you can install and active the 16.32 version of Outlook to access your old database, then re-export a new .olm file. 

    You can start the free trail version of Office 365 Business/Office 365 Home from the link below, scroll down and find Office 365  Business, then click “Try free for 1 month”:

    https://products.office.com/en-us/compare-all-microsoft-office-products?&activetab=tab:primaryr2 

    Your patience and cooperation will be highly appreciated.

    Best regards,

    Jennifer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-11T03:54:56+00:00

    I did the reinstall.

    All components of Office opened correctly except the Outlook

    I got this error again.

    When you get this error and click OK, Outlook shuts down so you can't import a new database etc.

    What now?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-09T19:27:38+00:00

    Amia

    I haven't found time to do the backups and uninstalls and re-installs

    When done I will comment on how it all worked out.

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-08T18:14:53+00:00

    Hi Jim,

    Many thanks for provide the screenshoot, and yes, you can do clean uninstall for both version 16.32 and 16.16 and then re-install 16.16 by clicking the button “Install” in the picture you shared above.

    And here are some actions you need to take before you uninstall Office applications:

    1. Make sure to export all your data from the 16.32 version to an .olm file.
    2. Make sure to save the .olm file to a different location.
    3. Also, please don't delete the old profile and save it to the different location.

    Moreover, if you cannot active the Office applications after installation, download and run the license remove tool and try again. For your reference: 

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/How-to-remove-Office-license-files-on-a-Mac-b032c0f6-a431-4dad-83a9-6b727c03b193

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments