Back to old version of Outlook (Don't want Beta)

Anonymous
2018-03-26T22:44:28+00:00

I have a Beta version of Outlook which I don't care for... How do I get back to my original version or Classic version...

Moved from:      Outlook.com / Email / Connecting to Outlook.com with apps and devices

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

61 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-07-18T23:30:03+00:00

     I actually already have Gmail and Yahoo email addresses, just in readiness for this catastrophic event!

    Better watch out Google just changed Gmail's front end as well! 

    Here's how you can close your account once you're done with it

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12412/microsoft-account-how-to-close-account

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-07-18T22:48:16+00:00

    back-to-old-version-of-outlookplease     hate the new one

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-07-16T08:47:19+00:00

    Hi Bev... I wasn't the one who mentioned 'Production', but all that means is that it will eventually progress from the Beta (testing) stage to the ongoing production (standard) stage. Even though so many people, like us, despise the new (presently Beta) version, it seems it will eventually become standard. I actually already have Gmail and Yahoo email addresses, just in readiness for this catastrophic event!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-07-16T08:31:51+00:00

    Thank you! The slider solved my problem and I was able to get back to the old version of Outlook. This is the version I like. I didn't like the Beta at all. You mentioned that soon everyone will have the new interface which is no longer Beta but Production. What is Production and when will this take place?  If I don't like Production, I will transfer to GMail.  Everyone I know is on GMail. I have been with Hotmail and then Outlook for a very long time. Make Production simple and easy or people will switch elsewhere. Thank you again for your help. Please respond about what Production will be.

    Thanks again,

    Bev

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-07-16T06:43:57+00:00

    The desktop version has a 'slider' which can be clicked on to switch between the original and beta versions of mail. It is in the upper right area of the main page. With the mobile phone version, you need to scroll to the very bottom of all your folders (inbox, sent, drafts, etc) and you will find the same slider there. Took me a while to accidentally discover that, and it made my life so much better, being able to switch off the beta version!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments