Outlook iOS App - Font & Line Spacing Issues

Anonymous
2018-12-11T11:06:52+00:00

I'm using the Microsoft Outlook for iOS v3.1.0 on iPhone 7

The issue I'm facing is that for all newly composed emails and replies, the message gets sent with a line spacing of 1.5 lines and Font as 'HelveticaNeue'

This messes up the previous inline messages as well, with the entire message thread getting updated with a Line Spacing of 1.5 lines!

How can I prevent Outlook from doing that and set the message to be sent with Calibri font and line spacing as 'Single' by default?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-03T12:30:16+00:00

    Hi,

    Thanks for your detailed response. Your concern about the font and line spacing issues in Outlook is under investigation and we are coordinating with our Internal support team to get this addressed as soon as possible. We’ll let you know once we reach a resolution. Please standby.

    To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

    Same Issue,

    Any update Louie Del?

    Hi Wael,

    Please let us know anything as soon as you hear back from your internal support team. As other people have mentioned, we are trying to roll the Outlook iPhone app to our users but things like this really cause problems with moving forward.

    Let me know if you need any source code or examples.

    Thanks.

    -Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-03T07:50:53+00:00

    Hi,

    Thanks for your detailed response. Your concern about the font and line spacing issues in Outlook is under investigation and we are coordinating with our Internal support team to get this addressed as soon as possible. We’ll let you know once we reach a resolution. Please standby.

    To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

    Same Issue,

    Any update Louie Del?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-04-01T11:14:15+00:00

    Louie,

    Any chance of an update?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-03-29T16:50:39+00:00

    Yep, mrennie...I pored through the message source and also saved the emails as .mht files and analyzed in a text editor, the css snipped you mentioned does indeed make a presence in the message source

    Initially I suspected this might be a hangover from the html signature I had added on my Outlook app (copied an existing email sig and pasted it) bit even when I removed the html sig and added a plaintext one or with no signature at all, the sent messages and replies turned out with 1.5 Lines spacing and HelveticaNeue fonts!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-03-22T01:04:58+00:00

    Hi Louie,

    I think it's fair to say we'd appreciate a response to this if you are able.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments