Outlook iOS App - Font & Line Spacing Issues

Anonymous
2018-12-11T11:06:52+00:00

I'm using the Microsoft Outlook for iOS v3.1.0 on iPhone 7

The issue I'm facing is that for all newly composed emails and replies, the message gets sent with a line spacing of 1.5 lines and Font as 'HelveticaNeue'

This messes up the previous inline messages as well, with the entire message thread getting updated with a Line Spacing of 1.5 lines!

How can I prevent Outlook from doing that and set the message to be sent with Calibri font and line spacing as 'Single' by default?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-01-10T19:21:21+00:00

    I'm having precisely the same issue. From what I can tell, every email I send gets converted to 1.5-line spacing and a new font (Helvetica Neue instead of Calibri).

    I would love to make Outlook my default email app on iOS, but I can't do it if it my sent emails get changed this way. I just want my sent emails to look the same as if I had sent them from my desktop Outlook app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-02-18T03:21:25+00:00

    Any solution two months on? Same problem persists here!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-12-13T10:22:31+00:00

    Hi Darleen,

    Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Outlook app on my iPhone but the issue persists. I am using a corporate email account which is part of the Office 365 subscription

    • This issue (line spacing 1.5 lines) is seen for *all* new emails that I compose and send, irrespective of recipients
    • I have sent new emails to my gmail.com account and to other company email accounts and all those mails have the text with line spacing as 1.5 lines
    • Issue is also seen for majority of my email replies
      • Replies sent to my colleagues using company email accounts
      • Replies sent to emails I receive from gmail.com & yahoo.com mail ids
    • For the few emails I am not seeing this issue, I am unable to find any major difference as to why only some of the reply emails are having the line spacing and others are normal
    • I *think* emails with inline images are behaving normally
      • Replies to emails having inline images in message body or signatures are normal (line spacing single)
      • Replies to emails having only text content (no inline images) are having the line spacing as 1.5 lines

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-03-29T16:20:29+00:00

    We are seeing this a lot all of a sudden.

    Seems to be inserting this CSS into the email

    body {

    color: #333;

    line-height: 150%;

    font-family: "-apple-system", "HelveticaNeue";

    margin: 0;

    }

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T17:36:25+00:00

    Thanks Louie and Darleen

    I have also raised this within the Help & Support section of the Outlook iOS App and the response therein has been disappointing to say the least.

    Received the age-old "It's not a bug. It's a feature" response!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments