iCloud set up error in Outlook

Anonymous
2019-08-04T13:25:47+00:00

I've been successfully using iCloud in Outlook 2010 for a couple years.  Yesterday had an sync issue (conflict error which I had never seen before) and I was unable to add any calendar items to my iCals in outlook. I uninstalled and reinstalled iCloud.  This usually has worked in the past.  I ensured the add-in is active, and tried to re-install iCoud (from new download) and now I get an error.  "Your setup couldn't be started because the iCloud server stopped responding".  I called Apple and have done everything they would have suggested.  I am on-line with good internet connection.  I just cannot establish an iCloud connection.  Any suggestions?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-09-14T14:12:02+00:00

    There is. In another forum I came across a message from a Microsoft MVP who said version 5.1 always works. It didn’t. Ofcourse I also tried the latest version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-09-14T14:06:15+00:00

    Windows 10 with iCloud current version 7.13 - Same issue.

    Login to iCloud OK. iCloud Drive works fine, but when try to sync Mail, Contacts, Calendars & Tasks with Outlook - it comes back with this error saying "Outlook Setup Error - Your setup couldn't be started because the iCloud server stopped responding".

    Any help would be greatly appreciated...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2019-09-14T13:39:30+00:00

    >> - deinstalled en reinstalled the iCloud-app and the iCloud program (5.1).

    Is there a reason you are using the older version of icloud?  (Current version is 7.13)

    Is everyone who is having problems also using this version?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-09-14T10:04:21+00:00

    Same problem here.

    In the past 2 days I have several times:

    • deinstalled en reinstalled the iCloud-app and the iCloud program (5.1).
    • signed out and signed in again in app and program
    • repeated all this after replacing Office 365 64-bit by the 32-bit version.

    None of these actions had any effect. Just for you to know and save time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-09-14T03:49:23+00:00

    Same problem here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments