iCloud set up error in Outlook

Anonymous
2019-08-04T13:25:47+00:00

I've been successfully using iCloud in Outlook 2010 for a couple years.  Yesterday had an sync issue (conflict error which I had never seen before) and I was unable to add any calendar items to my iCals in outlook. I uninstalled and reinstalled iCloud.  This usually has worked in the past.  I ensured the add-in is active, and tried to re-install iCoud (from new download) and now I get an error.  "Your setup couldn't be started because the iCloud server stopped responding".  I called Apple and have done everything they would have suggested.  I am on-line with good internet connection.  I just cannot establish an iCloud connection.  Any suggestions?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-09-14T17:01:45+00:00

    Same issue- no one provided soltion so far.

    6 hours online with Microsoft Office support, Windows, Surface then back to office- even went to 365 to address instability with icloud addins- they said was a Apple issue- on phone with Apple this morning and they gave this link and I did a iTunes sync for now until solution is found.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-09-14T16:38:21+00:00

    Same.  New Win10 Pro 1903, latest clean install of O365 and latest iCloud.  Reproduced error on three different computers, different ISPs and routers.  I suspect Win10 1903 has changed something which breaks the connection to iCloud.

    Noteworthy is the fact that the iCloud add-in appears in the Addins in Outlook, but no data file is created.

    I am an advanced tech with 30 years experience and worked 10 hours on this yesterday on multiple machines in different environments and the results were the same. "Your setup couldn't be started because the iCloud server stopped responding"

    Frustrating....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-09-14T14:43:28+00:00

    I just upgraded to iCloud 7.13.0.14 and it's all the same, just as it is with the iCloud-app for Windows 10 (although this last one fits the screen resolution better). I think GySgt5821 is right.

    Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-09-14T14:40:00+00:00

    I'm using iCloud App version 7.13.0.14 and am having the exact same problem and have completed all of the steps to try to fix this issue all to no avail.  This just happened after the latest windows update (09/11/19 timeframe).  My PC advised me yesterday that I had updates pending a restart.  After I restarted my PC all of the problems appeared, so IMO, it's connected some how..

    Anyway, hopefully someone will get this fixed....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2019-09-14T14:22:05+00:00

    It may still work - I know 6.1 works (or did in August when I last used a VM with that installed. I have not tried it since). But there is always the possibly that apple did something to block the older version.  It's looking more like Office or Windows did something - I'm trying to find out what. (Why do they drop updates late in the week when my support contact is offline. :( )

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments