Can't see shared calendar of coworker

Anonymous
2017-05-19T08:34:51+00:00

We recently switched to Office 356. Among coworkers we want to share our calendars. I can see the calendar of every coworker except one and we have no clue why.

Here is what everyone of us did:

  1. Open office 356 in the web browser and select Calendar
  2. Click on Share
  3. Type the email of the coworker, in this case mine, permission are the default values (can view all details)
  4. hit send

I receive the email in Outlook and hit the blue "accept" button. After the spinner disappears it the button is "view calendar". Nothing happens if I click this button. The coworker does not appear in my shared calendars.

The strange thing is only this combination does not work. My coworker can see my calendar but I can't see hers. This whole procedure works with every other coworker. Only this combination does not work.

We are both using Macs if that is important. We use the Calendar App on Mac to see each others calendars but her calendar does not appear there. Does not appear in the Office 356 calendar web app either so I am not suprised.

Additionally I am the only one in the office with the locale set to US on my mac. Keyboard, language, etc. Everyone else is using German.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-06-20T06:50:28+00:00

    Hi Björn,

    According to the error message in private message, the folder you specified could not be found. So Sam said above to suggest you run the command **Get-MailboxFolder -Identity ****@domain.com –GetChildrento get the list of all the folders in the mailbox. Please run this command on your side and provide the result screenshot in private message.

    Regards,

    Yang

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-06-19T09:21:00+00:00

    Hi Sam,

    just sent you the screenshots in a private message.

    Have a good monday!

    Björn

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-06-17T14:23:32+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    Any updates?

    Thanks,

    Sam

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-06-16T10:14:00+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    Thanks for the detailed updates.

    Since you are indeed on her calendar sharing list, please try removing the existing permission and use PowerShell cmdlet Add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity :\calendar -User  -AccessRights Editor to re-add the permission to see if the problem can be fixed.

    Moreover, please share with us the requested screenshot for clarification on Monday. Regarding the error you got when running PowerShell to retrieve the calendar folder sharing permission, you may try using the user’s default Onmicrosoft account (like: ) instead and let us know if it works. Also, please check if you can run **Get-MailboxFolder -Identity ****@domain.com –GetChildren for the affected mailbox and share with us the output in the private message if possible.

    Thanks,

    Sam

    **Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-06-16T07:44:46+00:00

    Answering your questions.

    1) She did not meet any error messages. Other coworkers can see her calendar just fine. She used the same settings for every account. I do appear in her list and I did get the email invitation to her calendar. She ist out of office till monday. I will send you a screenshot on monday.

    2 and following) I did, see the private message I sent to you. The same error message appears. Can't continue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments