Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Click on the Gear symbol on the top right,
There should be three options listed.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi can you advise me if the inbox column width be changed to make the 'from' column wider? this is on outlook.com web mail (hotmail)
thanks, phil.
Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Click on the Gear symbol on the top right,
There should be three options listed.
I found a work-around to the column width problem. Go to the menu bar on top, then View, then Zoom, then Custom. I experimented a bit, and found that 87% zoom gives me all the text in each of the three columns. Upside: I can see everything. Downside: everything's a bit smaller. Added benefit: the ads are smaller too!
Thanks Outlook_positive for the shortcut. It's much easier than changing the display size back and forth in the control panel, but it still misses the point that since the change from Hotmail to Outlook you have to choose from seeing the entire window of text in teeny-tiny size or seeing text in a readable size that overflows the window but was handled in Hotmail with a horizontal scroll bar that is missing from Outlook.
Thanks again
Hi everyone,
@Outlook_positive,
Are you experiencing the same issue? If not, please provide the specifiic details regarding your issue for us to help you.
@PhilPrice999,
Sorry, but we cannot disclose that information with you guys. I suggest that you wait for the official update from Microsoft.
@Greg and SueVignone,
Have you tried what Joy_V suggested? If you tried it already, please try to forward that specific email to your other account or to any of your contacts if issue will persist.
Thanks!
Hi Phil_M,
I was actually having a slightly different problem than what PhilPrice999 posted on Skydrive. However, I have since found a solution. I posted my solution in this thread for others to read/try.
Thank you for your help!
Outlook_positive
Hi Paul_M, Just a follow-up on this truncated inbox/message issue if it helps you pinpoint problem. See request from DavidSwanger, my suggestion to him and his confirmation that his problem is the same, Outlook doesn't support 800x600 display correctly. So my question is how do I report this to developers for a fix?
Thanks so much!