Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Click on the Gear symbol on the top right,
There should be three options listed.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi can you advise me if the inbox column width be changed to make the 'from' column wider? this is on outlook.com web mail (hotmail)
thanks, phil.
Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Click on the Gear symbol on the top right,
There should be three options listed.
Hi can you advise me if the inbox column width be changed to make the 'from' column wider? this is on outlook.com web mail (hotmail)
thanks, phil.
I have a similar problem: the "subject" line of every email in the outlook interface is reduced to one letter and an ellipsis (ex. "S...")
I can't seem to resize it. I do not want a reading pane, I just want the name of the sender AND the subject of the email to show up when I enter into Outlook.
Tried to drag it to expand it (like you would do with a table in Microsoft Word), but it doesn't work.
Anyone know how to adjust the size of either of these columns?
Click on the Gear symbol on the top right,
There should be three options listed.
Thanks for reply Dissed. Those 3 options are for controlling the 'reading pane' only and do not adjust the width of the 'from' column. If there is no way to make this adjustment right now then i will post a suggestion to the developers.
thanks again.
It kind of depends,
The folders column can't be resized/ adjusted,
I don't use the reading pane/ preview,
The right side column either has People showing or a column or a column of adds,
The adds are as small as the column will get, in hotmail you could click on the (X) and the add would disappear now all you can do is click on the Gear symbol on the very bottom right and change your add preferences to be shown.
So as far as I can tell there is no way to increase or decrease what the is shown on the page,
The largest viewing page is without the preview pane.
So yes it sounds like a freeback issue,
Cheers.
They think they know better than you how wide your columns should be. This is typical of Microsoft's arrogance.