Why did my hotmail account turn into outlook? How do I change it back?

Anonymous
2012-09-06T17:35:05+00:00

For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-09-16T20:26:39+00:00

    I hate this new Outlook, would like my hotmail back as well

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-09-10T14:44:36+00:00

    Once your account has been migrated there is no going back to the old format.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2016-08-23T13:18:30+00:00

    How do you access your mailbox and what documents to you mean? Are you referring to OneDrive documents?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-08-09T13:04:56+00:00

    Hi,

    In new Outlook.com, it is the same way to select the items & click on delete option, it will delete the selected emails, To empty junk folder, just you need to click on the empty folder option in Outlook mail.

    For more information see the below screenshot.

    Also see the below screenshot.

     

    scroll down using down arrow is still working in Outlook Email, I suggest you to try accessing through different browser & check if it helps.

    Thanks & regards.

    Mohammed Ali.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-08-08T03:42:02+00:00

    If I might add an answer to that, the old Hotmail was easier to select individual emails and delete.  While in Junk folder, when selecting emails to keep, this new email does not allow that to happen nearly as easily.  The folder is too sensitive.  If you select all emails and de-select the ones you want to keep, and delete the rest of the junk emails, and if you hit any other key, the de-select goes away, forcing you to start over.  

    It moves slower generally.  The pull down bar is to thin making it difficult to grab without hitting some ad or something else.  

    There is no way to scroll down using down arrow on the keyboard.  You can't click anywhere to allow the arrow to work to scroll down.  

    Also, I, personally, prefer pages to all emails on one infinite list, more easily managed.  

    Thanks for listening.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments