Why did my hotmail account turn into outlook? How do I change it back?

Anonymous
2012-09-06T17:35:05+00:00

For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-27T13:53:52+00:00

    For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-07-15T17:20:36+00:00

    Hi,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

    I'm happy to address your concern.

    Please be informed that all Hotmail users has now been migrated to Outlook.com and the option to switch back is no longer available.

    If you're currently having issues reading and replying to an email, kindly optimize your browser or use other browsers so we could determine if this is a browser related issue.

    Some parts of Outlook might not work and it might not display properly if you're not using an updated browser. To get the best browsing experience in Outlook.com, please refer to article provided by Eugene.

    Should you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2013-07-14T21:42:42+00:00

    It's never going to change back.  Your choices are to learn to use it the way it is or migrate to a different service.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-04-10T05:43:55+00:00

    Hi Winnythepooch,

    I do apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. I understand your frustration especially if you can't access your important emails. Let me help you with that.

    To get the best experience of the new Outlook.com, I suggest that you upgrade or download the latest version of your internet browser to ensure its compatibility with the new interface. Refer to the link below to know more about it:

    Which browsers are supported by SkyDrive, People and Outlook.com?

    Make sure that the updated version of Silverlight is installed in your computer. Visit this link for instructions.

    If the issue persists, please let us know and we are happy to futher assist you.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-04-05T00:45:38+00:00

    Hi Heather,

    Welcome to Microsoft community and we are glad to assist you.

    I understand that the Gear Icon at the upper-right corner of your account page is missing. I will definitely assist you in fixing the issue.

    If you are using an old browser, some parts of Outlook might not work and it might not display properly. I suggest that you upgrade your browser to its latest version to get the most out of Outlook. You may also want to optimize the default browser that you are using just to make sure that it is not contributing to the issue.

    If the above steps did not resolve the issue, please provide us with the following information.

    · Does the issue occur when using other Outlook.com supported browser?

    · Does the issue occur when using another computer?

    · Does the issue occur when using different Outlook.com account on the same browser/computer?

    We look forward to your response. We would be happy to help you further.

    Thank you,

    Cherry

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments