Why did my hotmail account turn into outlook? How do I change it back?

Anonymous
2012-09-06T17:35:05+00:00

For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-16T12:04:47+00:00

    Not happy with this at all. I never agreed to this and cannot use Outlook!!!!!!!!! I very distressed so please switch me back to Hotmail imeadiatly.

    Thanks in advance.

    Julie Hinckley

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-11T07:40:53+00:00

    "I HATE OUTLOOK always have hated outlook, I NEVER used outlook and I will not start now!!!!! Please don't confuse Outlook.com and Microsoft Office Outlook. They are in no way related. You could not "have always hated Outlook" (referring to Outlook.com) because Outlook.com didn't exist before a few months ago. "

    ======

    I am not confusing the two.. Yes, I hate outlook, always have.. None the less, I also hate "this" outlook looking stuff.. I also know, its still the "same" email, however, I HATE the outlook "look". And yes, I know outlook.com didnt exist untill a few months ago, but, onec again, I am FORCED into a change I do not want or like... Microsoft wants all there **** to look like Windows 8, well guess what, not every one, infact willing to wager, most, do not like that look, well besides the die hard Micro fans out there that think Microsoft can do no wrong.. Or, those who know nothing about computers or how to use them aside from a click here and there to view mass emails and crud... Yea, I am a bit on the , well, p.oed side.. And I am certainly watching my language on this site.. I tend to say it as I see it or feel it.. If I believe some thing is wrong, I mention it.. And this, is wrong.. millions of people who LOVED the old hotmail look are being forced into some thing with out there say so in agreament, sure, its micosofts privilage and right to change what ever they wish, HOWEVER, it is not the right way to go about it.. I see absolutly NO HARM in any way letting people to choose which UI they use, FORCING them ito one or the other now is just letting people know that microsoft doesn't really care what tehre "loyal" customers want.. "You will take it this way and like it!!" hmmmm, sounds real familiar to me.. So, once again, I am not reffering it as the same as the old craped out or even new crapped out outlook, its the ugly bulky UI I am reffering to...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2013-03-11T03:16:00+00:00

    I HATE OUTLOOK always have hated outlook, I NEVER used outlook and I will not start now!!!!!

    Please don't confuse Outlook.com and Microsoft Office Outlook.  They are in no way related.  You could not "have always hated Outlook" (referring to Outlook.com) because Outlook.com didn't exist before a few months ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-06T10:14:31+00:00

    Pretty liberal with the worde "update" arent we?

    So hypothetically speaking, to entertain your question.

    If google decided to make the exact same gargantuan blunder, of completely changing their email service to something i didnt ask for or want with no way to simply keep the UI I know and love?

    I suppose I'd b left with the same 2 choices i had today:  give up and deal with the new hideous joke email client or find a new email service provider that i believe wouldn't make poor decisions in the future, migrate to that one, then give the proper negative feedback to the newly failed gmail.

    Honestly, put an option to change the UI back, is it truly that difficult? do we not have the technology? or was it just easier to force this on everyone?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-03-02T15:01:53+00:00

    Yeah, another bad choice in interface 'upgrade'... this one is second only to the new iTunes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments