I cannot open attachments in Outlook on my Android browser. Is this a known issue and is it being addressed?

Anonymous
2013-03-08T13:31:18+00:00

Today, my Hotmail account was upgraded to Outlook.  I lost the ability to open attachments accessing outlook on my Android browser on my Motorola Razr smartphone.  When I try opening attachments such as pics and docs I get an error message.  Is this issue being addressed to be fixed?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-23T15:35:55+00:00

    I'm having this problem with the Outlook App on Android. When I try to download an attachment, it appears to download, but  the file does not then appear in the Downloads folder. I don't have this problem with my gmail account.

    This has been happening since I started using the app a few months ago, despite the app updating at least once. Seems to me lots of people are having similar issues with attachments.

    Sort it out, for goodness sake!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-04T08:18:49+00:00

    Hi Blisdov99,

    Thank you for taking time posting in this forum. I am very happy to be of help to you regarding your issue of having an inability to open attachments after been upgraded to Outlook.com.

    I know how tough it is to be having difficulties of opening attachments using a phone device. We are absolutely aware of this issue and we assure you that this matter is being addressed. Often times, this issue happens when a user of Hotmail account got upgraded to Outlook.com. We would like to verify if you're using the Android default web browser to access your email account? If yes, please try to use Outlook.com application for Android phones and see if the same issue persists.

    To download  Outlook.com app for Android phones, just click the link below:

    Go mobile with Outlook.com

    If same issue persists, we would like to ask just a few questions, this is just to isolate the source of the issue.

    • Are you able to open attachments using your PC?
    • What is the exact error message prompting on your phone device?
    • Have you tried another browser to open attachments on your phone?

    Please let us know if the instructions above didn't solve your issue, we are very eager to assist you in resolving this issue.

    Thank you.

    Hi, I am also facing the similar problem but the handset is sony experia z2. I downloaded the app from google play and put in my email into it. But still my attachments could not be opened/downloaded. The error message was 

    "could not be downloaded". Can you please help me as i am travelling quite often and was nearly about to miss my flight the other day as i open/preview my air tickets right at the airport. Eventually i opened my gmail and showed my tickets. I hope you an understand  how difficult it is at times. I have been using this account for last ten years and i somehow don't want to change my email address. Please expertise ASAP

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-10T20:33:55+00:00

    This is not ok. The problem still persists (2015-07-10) and you're left with no other choice as a viable android outlook application. When are you planning on solving this problem for all the millions of people who now are stuck with this app and maybe has no other choice to download their files from their e-mails!?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-13T13:58:37+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community Forum. Let me try to assist you with your concern with being unable to download attachments using your device.

    I understand that you are using the Outlook app on your device and your not able to download attachment using it. Please provide us the exact steps that you are doing when you are trying to download the attachment.

    Please also answer the following questions below:

    • What is the exact error message that you are getting?
    • Have you tried reinstalling the app? If not please do and check if the same issue will still persist.
    • Have you tried using another account on your device to check if the issue will still happen?

    We look forward to your response.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-04-04T15:04:06+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for the additional information. Please verify if the same issue is happening when accessing your attachments via PC? We nee dto isolate your issue first before we can provide you with any troubleshooting steps.

    We look forward to your response.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments